Please note: we are in the very early days of being a charitable organisation, and need help developing and running efficient plans and projects that will help us get to where we want to be – providing support to people living with Borderline Personality Disorder. Our ideal candidate would be excited at the idea of working with a new organisation. We are incredibly ambitious and want to provide help and support to anyone living with BPD, and their families. We appreciate any applications and are happy to answer any questions or queries.
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people in the UK living with Borderline Personality Disorder? We are seeking a treasurer to work alongside our board and chief executive.
The treasurer role includes:
- paying bills and invoices and recording information.
- Keeping up date records of all financial transactions.
- Ensuring that all cash and cheques are promptly deposited in the bank or building society.
- Ensuring that funds are spent appropriately and in line with CALIA’s objectives.
- Accurately record all money received.
- Reporting regularly to the board on the financial position.
- Preparing bank reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Preparing a year end statement of accounts to present to the auditors.
- Arranging for the statement of accounts to be audited.
- Presenting an end of year financial report to the AGM.
- Financial planning including producing an annual budget and monitoring it throughout the year.
- Helping to prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required.
You should be able to demonstrate and provide evidence of the criteria listed below;
- Good understanding of money, bank accounts, and how to manage finances.
- Able to manage time and deadlines to ensure financial records are regularly completed.
- Confident in using a computer.
- Can complete spreadsheets/basic financial records accurately and clearly.
- Confident in communicating with Branch Chair.
- No previous history of bankruptcy
- Satisfactory references
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team while contributing an independent perspective;
- A commitment to our vision;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to analyse and interpret information;
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion;
We expect this role to be around 1-2 hours per week, with more time needed at year end or when producing annual reports. We can be flexible on the days/times you wish to work so long as we can meet deadlines.
This role is carried out remotely, and no travel will be required. As such no financial remuneration is offered.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
How to apply
To apply, please send a current CV and a Supporting Statement to CALIA by email detailing your motivation for applying and how you meet the listed criteria. Please state in the subject line which vacancy you are applying for.
Closing date: Sunday 31st January 2021
Preliminary Interviews w/c 8th February 2021