Please note: we are in the very early days of being a charitable organisation, and need help developing and running efficient plans and projects that will help us get to where we want to be – providing support to people living with Borderline Personality Disorder. Our ideal candidate would be excited at the idea of working with a new organisation. We are incredibly ambitious and want to provide help and support to anyone living with BPD, and their families. We appreciate any applications and are happy to answer any questions or queries.
This is an exciting opportunity for a researcher passionate about Borderline Personality Disorder. This role will have a huge impact in the development and support that charity can give, its daily operations and future growth.
- conducting online research using books, journal articles, newspaper sources, surveys, polls and interviews to gather and record data;
- Supporting grant applications with statistical information regarding social, cultural and demographics in BPD patients in the UK;
- Research government and NHS projects/plans relating to BPD;
- Produce reports and collate data;
- Research NHS trusts in relation to BPD awareness, treatment and support;
- Develop research proposals.
- Strong research background / proven experience in a research field (we welcome applications from postgraduate students);
- Sound understanding of research methodologies;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, and organisation skills;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Borderline Personality Disorder;
- A strict code of ethics, protecting any confidential information at all times;
- Trustworthiness, reliability, and timeliness.
We estimate this project will take 7-10 hours per month, and ask for a committment of 6 months to see the research project from creation to completion. We are flexible on days/hours worked, according to your schedule.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a current CV and a Supporting Statement to CALIA by email detailing your motivation for applying and how you meet the listed criteria. Please state in the subject line which vacancy you are applying for.
Closing date: Sunday 31st January 2021
Preliminary Interviews w/c 8th February 2021