Please note: we are in the very early days of being a charitable organisation, and need help developing and running efficient plans and projects that will help us get to where we want to be – providing support to people living with Borderline Personality Disorder. Our ideal candidate would be excited at the idea of working with a new organisation. We are incredibly ambitious and want to provide help and support to anyone living with BPD, and their families. We appreciate any applications and are happy to answer any questions or queries.
Help us engage our audiences by creating a compelling social media strategy and content so that we can help improve support and treatment of people diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. We are looking for an experienced social media marketer to work with us.
- Help us develop and execute a social media campaign around BPD treatment and support in the UK;
- Provide guidance/strategy on how we can manage our social media on an ongoing basis e.g. using a centralised scheduling tool, creating a content calendar, identifying easy and free graphic tools and images;
- Produce fresh and engaging content for our social media channels;
- Prepare graphics for sharing across channels;
- Engage with our followers and encourage interaction;
- Manage and maintain social media channels on a regular basis.
We are looking for a volunteer who has experience:
- Writing and editing marketing content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram / across all platforms
- Building strategies to increase social media following and /or build fundraising or awareness campaigns
- Developing a coherent brand voice for social media, from content creation to community interactions
- Using and setting up tools such as Hootsuite, Social Sprout, Canva, etc
- Creating content calendars to help plan social media activity
The volunteer should also have/be
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly understand the needs of our organisation and users
- Can ask key questions to enable us to clarify requirements
- Understands the resource constraints of a small charitable organisation and is able to work with these.
- Open to feedback
- Digital social media marketing
We can be flexible on days/hours worked according to your schedule. Ideally the volunteer would commit 1-2 hours per week. The volunteer can work entirely from home and we can consider remote candidates from across the UK and the globe. As this is a fully remote opportunity, no financial remuneration is offered.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
Social media marketing is intellectually challenging but rewarding, and knowing that you are responsible for bringing members together in one place is a wonderful thing. You should be proud of making a real difference to people’s lives. After six months of volunteering we will provide a reference on request. You also have the opportunity to get involved in other projects or events.
How to apply
To apply, please send a current CV and a Supporting Statement to CALIA by email detailing your motivation for applying and how you meet the listed criteria. Please state in the subject line which vacancy you are applying for.
Closing date: Sunday 31st January 2021
Preliminary Interviews w/c 8th February 2021